Monday, December 13, 2010

Down and Out

Monday morning is always a rude awakening as to the sickness and sadness in the world.
I guess by Friday it is just a "normal" thing.
I spend the weekend in my warm little house with my loving boyfriend and pets. I get into my freshly laundered 500 thread count sheets with the smell of SNUGGLES helping me drift off to sleep. I stream NETFLIX movies as a cook a roast and eat freshly baked cookies.
What I see on Monday mornings always reminds me of how lucky I am....

Del Paso light rail station is filled with ghettoness to the gills!
The News and Review is always on the ground spreading litter all over the place.
Kids with their jeans sinched below their butts with a BELT! I thought the purpose of a belt was to make sure your ass wasn't hanging out! These guys tighten the belt UNDER their asscheeks!!!!
There is this one homeless dude who sleeps at the Sheriffs Memorial near Woodlake Park, every Monday I see him waking up, using the spigot behind the old fire station to wash his face and brush his teeth. I can't help but to think of

my dad...who really is not that much better off than this guy. My dad lives in a van in a junk yard in Wilmington, CA. I am sure he uses a spigot somewhere to also wash his face and brush his teeth! I guess that is where the "sadness" hits me. A reminder.
Then I board the train. There is always someone who is heading downtown to meet their "man" who was locked up over the weekend. He is going to get outta jail and then the two of them are going to head down to the methadone clinic so they can "get well".  What a crock of shit! Methadone is a drug just like heroin....and the "counselors" at those clinics want to keep you coming back for more. That is how they feed their children! Medicare pays $200/mo so you can

stay high all month and they will keep upping your dose until you are a worthless, welfare receipiant, low life drain on society. So keep popping out kids so you can get a bigger check from the government. Sickening.
I get off the train ASAP because there is always some gross smelling person who wants to tell you about their problems. I get off at
 Cathedral Square and as I walk towards the great capitol of our state there is always an array of crazed zombie-looking street folks wandering around. I swear to God sometimes I look around for a camera thinking that these folks look like they're in some scary movie. Insanity. 
AAAhhhh my usual Monday morning reality check!

No comments:

Post a Comment